A fully involved and empowered workforce is the foundation of ERCC and is the engine which powers our exceptional Guest experiences. The following Guest Service Standards are an expression of our mission and define the expectations for employee performance. Exceeding Guest expectations is a top priority and everyone’s job. These standards are not to be compromised.
- As health care professionals serving the Guests of ERCC, we treat our Guests and each other with dignity, respect, and compassion, always.
- Guest Service objectives will be communicated to all employees. It is everyone’s responsibility to support them.
- Each employee is empowered with the responsibility for Guest needs. Take time to help. When you are aware of a Guest need or problem, immediately address or resolve the issue bringing it to a positive conclusion.
- Escort Guests rather than pointing out directions to another area of the facility.
- Always smile and greet Guests using names when you know them.
- Listen actively to Guests, giving your undivided attention and using proper body language, eye contact, posture, and gestures.
- Demonstrate caring and compassion for Guests by acknowledging them, appreciating them, and assuring them.
- Always knock before you enter a Guest’s room.
- Use proper telephone usage and etiquette as defined in the ERCC Employee Reference Guide (ERG). Answer telephone calls promptly. Use the Guest’s name when possible. Ask “May I help you?” Offer to take a message and deliver it promptly in writing.
- Each employee is responsible for maintaining uncompromising levels of cleanliness.
- Each employee will continuously identify cleanliness and appearance defects throughout the facility and within the property.
- Each employee is responsible for creating a safe, secure, and accident-free environment for all Guests and each other. Be aware of fire and safety emergency procedures and report security risks immediately.
- Foster an environment that promotes dignity, respect, and compassion for Guests. Guest privacy and confidentiality should never be compromised.
- Take pride in and care for your personal appearance. Everyone is responsible for conveying a professional image by adhering to ERCC dress, grooming, hygiene, and appearance rules of conduct found in the Employee Reference Guide (ERG).
- Wear your name badge in a clearly visible position above the waist with your name facing outward.
- Our setting is a reflection of our commitment to professionalism and creating an outstanding Guest experience. We are all responsible for maintaining a tidy and professional workspace and environment.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to create a work environment of teamwork so that the needs of our Guests and each other are met.
- Be professional. Each employee’s actions and behaviors significantly contribute to the effectiveness of your team, the welfare of Guests and co-workers, and the strength of ERCC.
- Always treat co-workers with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Facility policies are communicated to all employees. It is everyone’s responsibility to support them.
- Be an ambassador of ERCC in and outside of work. Talk positively.
- Share experience and knowledge to help new team members learn.
- Understand and appreciate diversity in your co-workers and other team members.
- Avoid criticizing, condemning, and complaining.
- Help when you can even if it is not your job.
- Take responsibility for your job and support the Mission Statement of ERCC, which is: “We are committed to providing each resident [Guest] with superior personalized health care in an open and friendly setting that welcomes family participation.”