Whether for short-term, long-term or just rehabilitation, leaving your family member in the care of someone else can be a difficult decision. We hope these frequently asked questions and answers will help ease your mind as you go through the process of finding a facility for your loved one.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to Contact Us or give us a call at 304-636-1391.

Q. What is process for admitting someone to the facility?
A. Having a loved one admitted to our facility is a multi-step process. A provider (physician), hospital or rehabilitation center will need to complete a WV PASSAR (Pre-Admission screening form) and submit a referral that includes all current medical information, a list of any medications, the diagnosis and any current wound treatments. Our Billing Department will need any insurance information to be able to determine eligibility for treatment and care. Once approved for admission, lab work, including a complete blood count and a urinalysis in the last 30 days, and a chest x-ray completed within the last 6 months will need to be provided. Social Services will walk you through all steps and any additional paperwork that may be required.
Q. Does Medicare pay for long-term care?
A. No, Medicare does not pay for long-term care. Medicare will pay for skilled care for a short period of time.
Q. Will I lose my home if I come to your facility?
A. Coming to a nursing home does not mean you will lose your home. This is a common misconception.
Q. Can my doctor come to see me at your facility?
A. When admitted, you may choose one of our 5 admitting physicians to be your attending physician for the duration of your stay. Your personal care physician may come visit you here. However, prior to his/her visit, we would need to have copies of their current license, insurance, etc.
Q. How long does it take to get admitted?
A. The admissions process is generally not lengthy. However, we do have to make sure medical and financial eligibility are complete in order to process any referral. We try to place admissions quickly in order to ensure a positive and uncomplicated process.
Q. How do I get Medicaid?
A. You have to apply for Medicaid through the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources in your county of residence. The Economic Service Worker in that county office will assist you and inform you of what is needed for an application to be processed. There is a LTC5 form that needs to be completed along with providing proof of income, assets, etc.
Q. May I be admitted from home and receive therapy services?
A. All therapy services (physical, occupational, and speech) are available on an inpatient or outpatient basis. If you come from home and do not meet the criteria for a Medicare skilled stay, we can evaluate your situation to determine if therapy services can be provided.
To receive therapy services through Medicare, you would need to meet Medicare requirements. This consists of a three-night hospital stay in the last 30 days. During that stay, it will need to be determined if you have a skilled need such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, IV therapy, and/or wound treatments.
Q. What can I bring from home? Do you have a TV? Phone?
A. Residents may bring personal items from home to make their room more “home-like.” We provide a television in each private and semi-private room. We do not provide phones. However, you may bring your personal cell phone or your family may arrange to have a landline installed in your room and pay the monthly bill through the phone company.
Recliners may be brought in. However, due to infection control, we request that all recliners be made of vinyl or leather.
No glass items are allowed.